HNW - Hardanger Embroidery

pat fee lcatherinemc at hotmail.com
Mon May 3 11:20:04 PDT 1999

Thank you every one for all the great information.  However I have a slight
problem....
  I have a friend that is just getting started(attenden her first event last
month). She is an accomplished crossticher and has is working on a Blackwork
project.  A question came up when we were siting arround embroidering.  She
asked why she couldn't use adia cloth for her project, we had been
disscussing linen, evenweave,ect.
My imeadieat answer was "because its not period".  She answered why, and
show me where.  We went to the realito pages, and I let her read the
dissision there.  But she is still confussed, and for that matter so am I.
According to some, adia cloth is an direct desendent of "Berlin Canvas", but
isn't that too out of our period?
Please, could any answere this question.
M. de Berre