HNW - Hardanger Embroidery

Mike Newell 72123.411 at compuserve.com
Mon May 3 12:07:32 PDT 1999

Dear Pearl:

Compleat Anachronist #86, July 1996, "A Stitch Out of Time: 14th & 15th
Century German Counted Thread Embroidery".

Master Richard gives a short background on the work,working suggestions,
how to do the stitch and a whole slew of nice patterns.

I'm sorry you don't  have access to the Web. Master Richard first shared
his work via the Compuserve Forum "Living  History". This is where I ( as a
Compuserve user) got to know his work,download color graphics, etc. I
assume he wrote the Compleat Anachronist by popular demand--it's wonderful
stuff!

- --Kathryn
SCA:  Kathryn Goodwyn
"too many centuries...too little time"