HNW - Blackwork thread counts

Betsy Perry betsyp at roguewave.com
Tue May 4 12:08:45 PDT 1999

Thank you.  If I want to make a shirt with blackwork cuffs and collars,
would the best period-correct approximation be to buy good-quality
sewing linen and work the blackwork freehand over it, concentrating on
keeping the motifs even in size rather than on the number of threads
under each stitch?  (This would be a relief, actually; the thought of
buying embroiderer's high-count linen in shirt yardages made me pale.)

Betsy Perry

- ---
Elizabeth Hanes Perry
Rogue Wave Software