HNW - Blackwork (was: Hardanger Embroidery)

Mike Newell 72123.411 at compuserve.com
Tue May 4 12:32:40 PDT 1999

Dear  Morganuse:

<Thanks for all your help.  My friend tried to use the linen last night,
but  for her it didn't work out.  she couldn't seem to keep the stiches the
same  length.  Will try  the Hardanger cloth. >

I have problems working with linen, too (eyesight and focus problems), even
with magnifyers clipped onto my bifocals. I've used 22 count hardanger for
years,and have found some nice 28 count linen substitutes, like Jobelan.
These substitutes are for people like me who can't seem to get the hang of
linen. I *hate* the Slub Factor of modern linen. :-(

- --Kathryn
SCA:  Kathryn Goodwyn
"too many centuries...too little time"