HNW - Lacis squares (long)

Mike Newell 72123.411 at compuserve.com
Wed May 5 15:19:48 PDT 1999

Dear Lori:

<I haven't yet done any stitching on the netting but my lord is very handy
and I"m sure that he will put something together that I can use..>

Oh. I did't realize you were actually making your own netting -- I thought
you were doing the lacis. I have a starter ekit I bought years ago at a
craft store with modern machine made net. I just don't seem to get around
to doing it. The reprise stitch seems easy enough -- it's the toile or
cloth stitch which scares me. The diagrams that show how to do the stitch
make my eyes cross.

< I remember seeing a frame and netting stand in a  german book..  I"ll see
if I can find my reference and send it along if you are interested.>

Sure -- I'd love to see what is available.  If it lookslike my idea for a
frame, then I'll make my own (I just cant' seem to find small square
picture frames, which was someone's suggestion).

- --Kathryn
SCA:  Kathryn Goodwyn
"too many centuries...too little time"