HNW - Blackwork thread counts

Mike Newell 72123.411 at compuserve.com
Wed May 5 15:20:08 PDT 1999

Dear Morganuse:

<You mentioned a catalogs from  Scarlet Letter and Essemplaire. Could you
please post the addresses for these or hopefully the URLs>

I've seen their ads in PIECEWORk magazine for years and only just got
around to sending for them. They aren't cheap but they are amazing!
I finally got around to sending for them because a friend has bought a new
house and intends some historical decor. I've offered to make her a
sampler, so I wanted to have a nice selection for her to choose from. I
also have almost a complete set of "Antique Needlework and Sampler
Quarterly" magazine, which also has some lovely repro patterns of
historical samplers.

        The Scarlet Letter, PO B ox 397, Sullivan, WI  53178, phone (414)
593-8470 Price for catalog: $5.00
        website:  http://www.scarlet-letter.com

The catalog arrived as an amazingly fat folder filled with tons of
goodies--including lots of color photos.. The samplers start with the 17th
century, and charts only of some patterns are offered.

        The Essamplaire,, 4126 44th Street, Red Deer, Alberta, Canada  T4N
1H2 Price for catalog; $4.00 (I sent $4 US cash)

        The catalog is much smaller, but has color photos. They seem to
offer only kits, no charts.

- --Kathryn
SCA:  Kathryn Goodwyn
'too many centuries...too little time"