HNW - Embroidering Damask

MCCONNELL, Megan Megan.McCONNELL at suncorpmetway.com.au
Thu May 6 22:56:53 PDT 1999

I've not seen any doco for this either, but I really can't see why it would
not have been done (after all, if we can think of it, they would have too).

I actually have a very nice piece of very fine cordoury (really fine) from
the "70's that I intend to "brocade up" into an Italian Ren bodice.  (we've
checked the pattern on the fabric, and it is period, but would be better as
an embroidered pattern rather than just a print.

Embroidered and beaded damask looks really terrific, and can also help in
giving it a bit more weight, especially if using it as a bodice!

Go for it! <g>

Megan McConnell
Collections Officer
SUNCORP-METWAY Ltd
GPO Box 288, Brisbane  Q  4001
ph (07) 3362 1361   Fax (07) 3362 2422
E-Mail:  megan.mcconnell at suncorpmetway.com.au

The contents of this message are the views of the Author and
do not necessarily reflect the views of SUNCORP-METWAY LTD.