HNW - Re: Linen evenweave? or cotton?

Curtis & Mary ladymari at cybertrails.com
Mon May 10 20:39:25 PDT 1999

> Yes, I've on occaision gotten some -- but they tend to be woven thinner and
> flatter than the stuff I have. It's puzzling -- maybe I should take a
> swatch of mine and compare it to all the variables the craft store has.

I was reading this thread and realized that this flat vs. round threads in the
fabric is causing confusion. As a spinner and weaver, this might be helpful to
know. When spun flax is round like any other thread. After weaving, if only just
washed it will stay round.  But, if calandered, that is rolled between hot
rollers nowadays or pressed with a hot glass ball in the old days, the threads
flatten out and fill up more space.

Mairi, Atenveldt