HNW - re:Anglo-Saxon/British website list

Jackie Lynch jlynch at cob.org
Wed May 12 09:17:11 PDT 1999

I'm afraid this is a bit wider than we normally see on this list, but
there's some great stuff.  Please email me with any sites, especially
Anglo-Saxon oriented:

1. Of course, the famous Regina Anglorum site:
http://www.ftech.net/~regia/
(I just tried this and couldn't get in.  Maybe my url is off?)

2. Atlantia's Kingdom page: http://moas.atlantia.sca.org/topics.htm#embr
(Very nice)

3. Two good internet bookstores:
 Green Duck Designs (wonderful SCA - ish merchants):
http//www.greenduck.com
 Powells (in Portland): http://www.powells.com/

4. And just cause I have the site: Foot/shoe info:
http://www.pbm.com/~lindahl/carlson/SHOEHOME.HTM

5. Haven't checked these general history/British sites recently:
 "British Monarchy" web site: http://www.royal.gov.uk
 Hyperhistory.com: http://www.hyberhistory.com
 Internet Medieval Sourcebook: http://www.fordham.edu/halsall/sbook.html
	(includes translated texts)
 Britannia: http://www.britannia.com

6. I'm sure everyone has this, but:
To subscribe to h-costume:
	Email to: majordomo at indra.com
	in body:   subscribe h-costume <email address>

Happy netting!
Meresigha

Associate Planner, City of Bellingham
210 Lottie Street, Bellingham, WA   98225
(360) 676-6982