HNW - Re: Silk Dyes

debra dunbar felinebert at prodigy.net
Wed May 12 18:43:18 PDT 1999

I have used Jacquard Acid Dyes with good results on silk fabric.  It has a
bright uniform look and doesn't fade (at least, not yet).   Their number for
technical assistance is 707-433-9577.  I got it at Foresthart Studio in
Woodsboro Maryland, if you live in the area.

I've never dyed silk "floss", but I do know that wool yarn needs to not be
in a tight ball in order for an even dye.  I usually just dye ropes of it
loosely tied with a white piece of yarn.  I'm not sure if you can't do the
same with the floss.