HNW - Cleaning Embroidered Velveteen

NNCaldwell@cs.com NNCaldwell at cs.com
Wed May 12 23:27:50 PDT 1999

A question was asked about washing cotton velveteen.
	I use a lot of cotton velveteen in my SCA dresses and I always
prepare the fabric by washing on "HOT" and drying on "INCINERATE" before I
cut anything.  It does shrink. A lot in hot water, not so much in cold, but
only the first time. I end up with a washable velvet gown.  If your local
drycleaners are anything like mine they will disclaim any responsibility
before accepting the garment.... So, I would go ahead and try the gentle wash
with cold water and hope for the best.  A little shrinkage should be
expected, though.

Good luck!!
Lady Klare mette Katten
Stargate