HNW - jours d'Angles

rmwarlow@hemnet.com.au rmwarlow at hemnet.com.au
Thu May 13 02:04:13 PDT 1999

- --------------E5843AFCA48DDA62AA150367

My mum used to refer to "Englesbroder" (norse) which would be the same thing.
I know it as "cutwork embroidery".
For sample pictures refer to "Landsdowne's Embroidery", pp73 -77, Landsdowne
Press  ISBN: 0 7018 1686 4. (a guide book)

Enjoy your embroidery
Marit.

Charlene Charette wrote:

> I found this in a France guidebook:  "Angles is also famous for its
> tradition of fine needlework, the jours d'Angles, which is determinedly
> maintained by the local women today."
>
> Can anyone tell me what kind of needlework this is?

- --------------E5843AFCA48DDA62AA150367

<HTML>
My mum used to refer to "Englesbroder" (norse) which would be the same
thing.
<BR>I know it as "cutwork embroidery".
<BR>For sample pictures refer to "Landsdowne's Embroidery", pp73 -77, Landsdowne
Press&nbsp; ISBN: 0 7018 1686 4. (a guide book)

<P>Enjoy your embroidery
<BR>Marit.

<P><I>Charlene Charette wrote:</I>
<BLOCKQUOTE TYPE=CITE><I>I found this in a France guidebook:&nbsp; "Angles
is also famous for its</I>
<BR><I>tradition of fine needlework, the jours d'Angles, which is determinedly</I>
<BR><I>maintained by the local women today."</I><I></I>

<P><I>Can anyone tell me what kind of needlework this is?</I></BLOCKQUOTE>
&nbsp;</HTML>

- --------------E5843AFCA48DDA62AA150367--