HNW - Hardanger Embroidery

Chris d'Aquino acacia63 at hotmail.com
Wed May 19 21:27:13 PDT 1999

Hi All

Don't forget alot of medieval fabric were not 'even weave' (same number of
weft and warp threads in a given space)

I have also worked on normal linen and it is not as hard as you think - you
have to play around a bit when you hit slubs and the thread thins so use
which thread looks right rather than be rigid and count the threads.

It does look a lot better if the fabric on the neckine and cuffs is the same
as the rest of the fabric.

Acacia d'Navarre
St Florians, Lochac, West Kingdom

PS - don't forget the fun of free style blackwork (no counting)