HNW - embroidered scroll

EowynA@aol.com EowynA at aol.com
Wed Sep 1 08:12:18 PDT 1999

<<i have seen two embroidered awards scrolls.

I've seen a couple, as well. -- Countess Ilaria did a (very) truncated
version of the Bayeux Tapestry for Duke Armand de Savigny's scroll for
something.  The incidents depicted were from Armand's life, using the images
from the historical tapestry.  I'm afraid that the only image I remember now
is of his horse falling, and she used the spectacular image of a vertical
horse with its hind legs in the air from the Tapestry.  Beautifully done, but
I saw it many years ago.

Another person did what amounts to a bed coverlet as a scroll.  Very large.

Eowyn Amberdrake