HNW - Re: embroidered scrolls

Rowena rowena at telenet.net
Thu Sep 2 05:56:21 PDT 1999

> Thanks for all the information but I want like to know one more
> thing. For those who have seen these scrolls - how big were they? I
> want to make two Court Barony scrolls for a couple but not sure what
> size to do them in.Were the words done in the same size as normal
> writing? That type of thing.

        I taught Lord Kennard of Bath how to embroider when he was fighting
for me,  and he has turned out some beautiful things, including embroidered
scrolls.  I've seen them in the East from 'bout 8x8 to about 12x16.   That
does not include the yards long one from this Pennsic, but those that have
been done just about as our "normal" scrolls would be.
Rowena