HNW - Re: embroidered scrolls

Heitman fiondel at fastrans.net
Thu Sep 2 10:45:50 PDT 1999

At 12:41 PM 9/2/99 -0400, you wrote:
>> Feet or inches?  What size are your normal scrolls
>    Sorry - inches.
>    I have one that is 7x10",  2 that are 8x11", two that are 12x16, and one
>that is 16x20.   Most of the ones I ran around and checked seem to fall in
>here somewhere.  The embroidered ones that Lord Kennard has done fall into
>these sizes.

Is this where I get to brag???

Three years ago, I did a multi-stitch (satin, chain, split, leaf, laid and
couched) embroidered scroll for a new Calontir Laurel, being recieved for
her work in fiber arts. The size was 18"x30", done in the French Gothic
style with lots of bars and vines. Two pictures were done in the middle,
showing people performing two of the arts she is involved in. I don't
remember what script I used, and I didn't get to fill in the background
behind the writing. The Crown only gave me five weeks to get it done.

There used to be pictures on a friend's web page. I'll see if he still has
them up, and where.

Fiondel