HNW - Netting and Needlelace

Reid, Andrew (MED_GEN) reida at mail.wch.sa.gov.au
Thu Sep 2 16:45:24 PDT 1999

List,
Well last night saw my first attempt at netting, and I'm pleased to say that
by the third or fourth row I had the hang of it enough that it was starting
to look quite uniform and neat.  (Neatness counts in My World...)  My main
aim is to get it small enough and neat enough to try Lacis on my own net -
am I mad?!?

My questions:

Does anyone know a good resource for netted caul patterns?  I figure they'll
make nice gifts for the ladies of my SCA household.  I know something was
put on the List a while back but I stupidly didn't keep the details.

Also, I was looking at a friend's copy of Margaret Abegg's "Apropos
Patterns" last night and my curiosity was piqued by some pictures of 'Punto
in Aria' being worked on parchment templates, which is then apparently
detached from the card when completed.  I've seen the finished work before,
but had no idea how it was worked.  Does anyone know of a book or website
where I could have a look at 'how to' for Punto in Aria.

Thanks in anticipation,

Andrew
(SCA - Bartolomeo Agazzari.  Innilgard, Lochac.)