HNW - X-Mailer: USANET web-mailer (M3.3.0.24)

Sarah Randles s-randles at adfa.edu.au
Sun Sep 5 16:24:19 PDT 1999

Lyn asked:

>OK, I have a chance to do something other than lurk for a change.  First
>question, does anyone have documentation for embroidered scrolls?  I found
one
>embroidered scroll in a museum, but it's Elizabethan era.  Does anyone have
>any other information for earlier periods?

I haven't seen any embroidered scrolls per se, but in the _Nadel und Faden_
book that someone was talking about a while ago (sorry I don't have the
ref. with me) there is an example of an embroidered book of sheet music.  I
think it was 16th. c. from memory though.

Sarah
Sarah Randles
s-randles at adfa.edu.au

Australian National Dictionary Centre
Australian National University
Phone: (02) 6249 0476 Fax: (02) 6249 0475

(On Thursdays and Fridays, I am at the School of English, ADFA on Ph: (02)
6268 8842.)