HNW - h-needlework V1 #442

Mike Newell 72123.411 at compuserve.com
Tue Sep 7 08:16:01 PDT 1999

Dear Lyn and List:

<I haven't seen any embroidered scrolls per se, but in the _Nadel und
Faden_ book that someone was talking about a while ago (sorry I don't have
the ref. with me) there is an example of an embroidered book of sheet
music.  I think it was 16th. c. from memory though.>

Maria Schuette's "Pictorial History of Embroidery" (the book we all want to
own) has a photo of a 16th century music book-- the cover says "Countra
Tenor: . The caption says the pages are embroidered, but this is the only
example that I  know of.

- --Kathryn
SCA: Kathryn Goodwyn
"too many centuries...too little time"