HNW - X-Mailer: USANET web-mailer (M3.3.0.24)

Charlene Charette charlene at flash.net
Tue Sep 7 09:40:04 PDT 1999

Rowena wrote:

>     I have often heard scribes discussing how non-period, how non-accurate,
> our SCROLLS are.   The awarding of important offices and ranks were not
> _usually_ decorated,  much less done in the fanciful way the SCA does it.

Yes, SCA scrolls are lacking in the authenticity department.  They are usually
good representations of illuminated books.  But, to keep this on topic, it's
interesting to hear about early examples of embroidered poems, biblical verses,
and other text.

- --Charlene

- --
If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you.