Found original edition, if one can afford it/Re: HNW - h-needlework V1 #442

L.L. Johnson athenekore at hotmail.com
Tue Sep 7 21:32:36 PDT 1999

Hullo

Just joined the list yesterday. Followed the thread on this book and thought
why not for grins check with Barnes and Noble's out of print section.

Found two copies of the original edition. One is $585 and the other is $520.
Both seem to be in decent shape. If anyone can afford this, here's your
source. Good luck.:-)

Also tried to find info on "The Annotated Arnold" from both B&N and
Amazon.com. Unfortunately, no luck. Anybody try Powells Books in Portland,
OR? They have a huge network. Couldn't hurt.

On another note, both B&N and Amazon.com carry the reprinted Dover editions
of Herbert Norris' Costume and Fashion. Ancient Europe (Vol 1) should become
available in October; thus rounding out the set (although I have heard
rumors of other books in the series and remember seeing something while I
was browsing in Pegasus and the MELVYL system(which is a search engine for
college libraries). I think it was in a Southern California university
library, San Diego maybe? Does anyone know anything about these extra
volumes?).

Cheers

Enyd Draenengles, Mists, West
(mka) Lonna L. Johnson

costumer/librarian/natural scrounger/and just plain curious