HNW - X-Mailer: USANET web-mailer (M3.3.0.24)

Curtis & Mary ladymari at cybertrails.com
Tue Sep 7 21:43:41 PDT 1999

>     I have often heard scribes discussing how non-period, how non-accurate,
> our SCROLLS are.   The awarding of important offices and ranks were not
> _usually_ decorated,  much less done in the fanciful way the SCA does it.

I don't know about )generally( but I have seen a couple late period
grants with a border down one side and portraits of the Kings of Arms
{Heralds} that did the grants. You are right that most SCA scrolls have
a _lot_ more decoration though, since many of us copy the contemporary
book art, being an easier to come by example than a grant of arms.

mairi, aTenveldt