HNW - 'gold' for embroidery

Carolyn Kayta Barrows kayta at slip.net
Fri Sep 3 14:39:20 PDT 1999

I got a deal on some purl I think I can embroider with, at an after Xmas
sale last year at a McWhorter's stationery store.  I think they intended it
for use as package tie.  It looks just like square purl, and was available
in yellowish gold, brassy gold, copper, and silver.  I got some of all
four, for much less than original price.

Also, I am not above disassembling an old semi-destroyed purse with 'gold'
embroidery, like one can find at thrift stores.  These often have several
kinds of 'gold' on them, and some even have embroiderable 'gems' too.

Kayta
     ////.\\\
     |   -- ))))