HNW - Craftsman-period embroidery (reply)

Charlene Charette charlene at
Fri Sep 10 14:39:41 PDT 1999

Merouda the True of Bornover wrote:

> You can also find a neat little tool called appropriately, a laying tool.  It
> has a little band that fits around your finger with a huge tapestry needle
> soldered on.  I find having it on my finger to be very convenient.  Great little
> gadget.

A difference in nomenclature, I believe.  What you described is usually described as
a trolley needle.  A laying tool is usually a stick-like object (in many different
shapes and materials) that you hold you your hand.  When using a trolley needle,
please be very careful -- an itchy eye can cause grief!

- --Charlene

- --
If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you.

Go to to perform mailing list tasks.

More information about the H-needlework mailing list