HNW - Call for Papers and Study Tour

Penny Ladnier penny.creative.outlets at erols.com
Sat Sep 11 18:06:48 PDT 1999

I am sorry about the mass posting, but I wanted all of you to know...

The Costume Society of America's National Symposium, "Fashions Lost and
Found, or Survival of the Fittest"
 will be in Williamsburg and Richmond, Virginia, May 31-June 3, 2000,
http://www.costumesocietyamerica.com/natsym.htm .  The symposium will
include Colonial Williamsburg, behind-the-scenes at the Valentine Museum,
and the Maymont House (aka Dooley Mansion). Currently, there is a Call for
Papers for this symposium with a deadline of Oct. 15, 1999. These papers can
cover any part of our industry, from historic to wearable art fashions. I
have added to the website, an agenda webpage on the pre and post symposium
study tours.  The pre-symposium tour will include Monticello (home of Thomas
Jefferson), Sherwood Forest (home of John Tyler).  The post syposium tour
will include, Yorktown, Jamestown, Kenmore Plantation, Stratford Hall
(Robert E. Lee's family home), and Gunston Hall.

A symposium schedule of events and registration information will be posted
to the website in January or February, 2000.  So please bookmark this
webpage.

Penny Ladnier
Webmaster, Costume Society of America
http://www.costumesocietyamerica.com