HNW - h-needlework V1 #450

Mike Newell 72123.411 at compuserve.com
Tue Sep 14 06:56:49 PDT 1999

Dear Chris and List:

<The best reference I've found on the history of crochet is Lis
Paludan's_Crochet: History and Technique_ (Interweave Press). She only has
a few pages on early history, but it's more than anyone else has.>

I agree. I took a deep breath and paid the $35.00 it cost, but it was well
worth it.  BTW, everyone try to avoid that strange book whose title is
something like "Crochet: A Living Mystery". Once the author jumped to
various conclusions she felt she had "proved" that crochet was ancient,
then dragged in all sorts of other needlework forms for some reason I never
could fathom. Very odd.

- --Kathryn
SCA: Kathryn Goodwyn
"too many centuries...too little time"