HNW - reply - tambour vs chain stitch

Diane S. Sawyer tasha_medved at yahoo.com
Thu Sep 16 09:07:31 PDT 1999

- --- "Diane S. Sawyer" <tasha_medved at yahoo.com> wrote:
> You could do regular tambour stitch between widely
> spaced beads, I suppose... and if you used a
> contrasting thread, it could look really spiffy...
> but
> I think the intent was to make it easier to do a
> BOATLOAD (ie outlining or encrusting) of beadwork
> quickly without having to either sew them
> individually
> or couch down a string of beads, which is a pain in
> the butt.
>
> Tasha

I have another qustion about tambour -- what materials
would it be worked on, particularly for beading?  I
was thinking that it would make an amazing back
pattern on a Mongol robe, but I then I thought that I
might not want to do this directly on the silk or
satin....  I suppose I could work directly on
embroidery reinforcement stuff, then applique... I
think I just answered my own question.  Would it work?

Tasha