HNW - Stitch On Line - ISSN No.

Linn Skinner skinner02 at sprynet.com
Sun Sep 26 10:57:52 PDT 1999

Mary:

Thank you for your kind words.  The real problem with printing and
distributing photos from Stitch On Line is that the items are often owned by
museums and the photos I take are for "personal use only".  Museums are very
protective of their textiles and retain their copyright on these treasures.
I retain copyright on my photos and text.

This is why Stitch On Line is strictly non-commercial.  I know I have no
control over what comes out of your printer, but do ask that you use respect
and good sense.  Any profit making (even by educational groups) is
prohibited.  If you do print an issue to use for educational purposes, I
request that you print the entire issue with its copyright notice,
disclaimers, etc.  If the V&A and other museums demand that I cease and
desist using photos of their collections, I will have no choice but to stop
publishing and that means everyone loses.

One reason I applied for an ISSN no was so that SCA folks could use the
publication for authentication as I know authentication is very important
for you.  This way the publication is also "searchable" in data bases at
libraries, etc.

Thanks again for your support and interest.

Linn