HNW - blackwork, and Irish embroidery

Carolyn Kayta Barrows kayta at slip.net
Fri Sep 24 05:33:11 PDT 1999

In case anyone on this list is going to Ren. Faire (that's what we locals
call the Northern California one of these), I usually wear the blackwork
and the Irish embroidery I did after those two threads about them a while
ago.  I work at the Ale Stand in Trader's Market.  Ours is the one with the
sign saying it's the End of the World, aka Ale 4.  Trader's Market is the
furthest end of Faire, with all the African, South-East Asian, Peruvian,
and Indian textiles and embroidery.  (I don't know what half that stuff is
doing in Renaissance England, but I'm not complaining.)  I'm usually the
cashier, and they know me as Kayta.  Stop by and identify yourself - I'd
like to meet you face to face.

Kayta
     ////.\\\
     |   -- ))))