HNW - netting gauge

Reid, Andrew (MED_GEN) reida at mail.wch.sa.gov.au
Thu Sep 30 17:30:13 PDT 1999

Kathryn & List,
I bought the kit from Hedgehog Handworks (thanks Joady!) and have been
having a play with it, in amongst all the other projects.  There are 2
measuring sticks in the kit, and until I get more proficient at the netting
technique, I've only been using the largest of the sticks.  A stab in the
dark, but I would think that the finer stick would probably get to about the
dimension we're looking for.  I'm hoping to get to around 6 per inch or less
too.

I also just received a copy of Vinciolo.  I'm looking forward trying out
some of the charted designs in lacis, cross stitch etc, I like the Bacchus
design - but then again I'm fond of the grape...

Andrew
(SCA - Bartolomeo Agazzari.  Innilgard, Lochac)