HNW - SILK BLACKWORK

Elizabet_M@att.net Elizabet_M at att.net
Tue Aug 15 10:37:19 PDT 2000

I often use Rainbow Gallery's silk thread.
http://www.rainbowgallery.com/ (but not for ordering)
They have strandable plus twisted in sizes equivalent to
#5, #8 and #12 perle (their names for them are
"Splendor" (strandable), "Elegance" (#8), "Grandeur"
(#5) and  Subtlety (#12) equivalent. I buy them at my
local shop (which is actually a needlepoint shop, but
they have the greatest supply of fibers!). They just
"opened" an internet shop at:
http://www.needleartworks.com/SHOPS/FIRESIDE/FSHOME.htm
I can't speak to how ordering from this is.  They carry
many other silk fibers as well, some of which I have
enjoyed experimenting with.

Nordic Needle carries "the complete line" of Rainbow
Gallery.  Looking at their site (www.nordicneedle.com),
they don't have a "shopping cart" type ordering, but do
take Email (with credit card) orders.  I have always had
good success with mail ordering and phone ordering from
NN.

No connection with any of these, just a happy customer.

--
Kandy Fling, Montgomery County, Pennsylvania
SCA: Elizabet Marshall, Shire of Hartshorn-Dale,