HNW - SILK BLACKWORK (long)

AnnaMarie wolfsong at ida.net
Tue Aug 15 20:04:03 PDT 2000

I can attest to Mairi's prowess (she does this blackwork on about 57 count
linen folks, and she's very, very good) and expand on the silk thread thing.

Her silk thread is Soie Cristale which is currently sold by Caron Collection
under the name... Soie Cristale!  They do have black.  I personally have
also used Rainbow Gallery Black Silk thread to good effect.  I believe Lynn
Skinner also has a great sourse for Black Silk Thread out of England, she
gave us info at one time or another but I can't put my hands on it right
now.

Lydia at Wyndham Needleworks has silk threads as does Lois at Elegant
Stitch. Both shops are online.

Kristiane
Wolfe Song