HNW - Crochet History

Penny Ladnier costumegallery at home.com
Tue Aug 15 22:21:30 PDT 2000

I know we have discussed this subject to death... but what is the earliest
period of recorded crocheting... or its origins.  I seem to remember seeing
a show about the excavations in Egypt showing crocheted things.  Did anyone
else see that show on FOX network.  I recorded it but it was like 3 hours
long.  I don't want to re-watch the tape right now. Does anyone recall that?
I thought it may have been in the National Geographic's article about the
Greco-Roman excavations in Egypt but I checked and it wasn't.

Penny Ladnier
The Costume Gallery
http://www.costumegallery.com

Lady Penny's Trinkets Shop