HNW - Re: blackwork - starting and ending

Schmitt100@aol.com Schmitt100 at aol.com
Wed Aug 16 11:39:23 PDT 2000

Hello all - I am a newbie here, found out about you from H-Cost.

My question is about blackwork embroidery - how do you start and end the
threads? Nothing that I have read talks about this issue. If I were doing
"regular" embroidery I would catch the tail of the thread under stitches in
the back, but since you're supposed to see both sides the same, I wasn't sure
how to start and end the threads.

Thanks for your help!

Rebecca Schmitt
aka Mistress Agnes Cabot, wife of Master Peter Cabot, cod merchant of Bristol

So many books, so little time

schmitt100 at aol.com