HNW - Intro

RCuvier@aol.com RCuvier at aol.com
Wed Aug 16 17:56:44 PDT 2000

Hello,

Just to add my chorus, I am also new to this list. I am former SCA, now
mostly an online lurker on the fringes. I am predominantly a cross-stitcher,
but I have started dabbling my hand in other styles of needlework.

Does anyone have any tips for learning blackwork? I've never learned
embroidery before, so this is taking some mental adjustment. I have followed
the instructions for the double running stitch from the various books and
websites, but they tend to focus on making a straight line, not more
intricate patterns. I looked at the Queen Jane's cuff design Maire mentioned
and it looks deceptively easy until you have to make that first turn or two.
*sigh*

Suggestions?

Julia E. Linthicum
RCuvier at aol.com