HNW - Re: Blackwork - starting and ending

Carol Knight carol.knight at chsys.org
Thu Aug 17 06:48:05 PDT 2000

Amen!
Here is what I have planned;
The Elizabethan Gardens of the Era had what they called Knotwork
Gardens-this is where small hedges formed the borders, with plantings and
little interests inside.
What I am designing for this coif-and if it works, other co-ordinating
items-is an even-rowed series of knots, and in each space created by the
knot design, will be either a rose or pomegranate. The knot design will be
in braid stitch, the Roses and pomegranates will be in stem and running
stitches. The center of the roses and the seeds in the pomegranates will be
beads. And yes, I will use thread effects and stitch effects to shade the
roses and fruit.
I have the idea in my mind-I just need to get it on paper to where it
pleases my eye...in other words, I know what I want-its the getting there
that's the trouble!<LOL>
Thank you!!!!
Roslyn H.