HNW - Goldwork class

Diane S. Sawyer tasha_medved at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 30 11:06:45 PDT 2000

--- Linn Skinner <skinner02 at sprynet.com> wrote:
> Jacquie:
>
> That's what I hoped you would do (bring last year's work<G>)
>
> Graphics of two of the antique textiles that have metal embroidery
> are in
> the  current issue of our ezine.  They are a panel from a Chinese
> opera
> costume and a man's purse/belt bag
>
> http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/textile_gallery
>
> Linn

I could only wish that the detail was such that I could see stitches!
 I'm very interested in Chinese and (believe it or not) Mongolian
embroidery and embellishment, but I have no the first clue where to
start looking.  I do know that satin stitch was used extensively,
along with Pekingese stitch; does anyone know where I could find
inforation about what other stitches might have been used in the 13th
or 14th centuries (Yuan dynasty)?

Diane/Tasha