HNW - Hopefully this will help you

Penny Ladnier penny.creative.outlets at erols.com
Thu May 4 16:26:17 PDT 2000

I hope you all watch the first few minutes of CNN news tonight.  They are
running the story every thirty minutes.  They are reporting Govt. agencies
and email servers, such as Earthlink, around the world have been infected
with the "I Love You" virus.   You might also want to read at the CNN
website their article about the virus.
http://www.cnn.com/2000/TECH/computing/05/04/iloveyou.02/index.html#1  Now
to make matters worse, CNN is reporting tonight, the virus is spinning off
another email virus, called FW: joke or FW: JOKE  Please watch the CNN
station to get more information on the new virus.

For those using Microsoft Outlook or Outlook Express, you can detour the
infected email automatically by sending the messages to your deleted mail
file by changing your settings.  You need to do this twice, once for the I
Love You virus and again for the FW: JOKE virus.  Here are the directions:

1.  click on TOOLS
2.  click on MESSAGE RULES
3.  click on MAIL
4.  click on NEW
5.  In section #1, check the box that says "WHERE THE SUBJECT LINE CONTAINS
SPECIFIC WORDS"
6.  In section #2, check the box that says "Do not download it from the
server"  -  you will have to hit the down arrow button to see all the
choices in order to find this box
7.  In section #3, click on the blue words that say "Where the subject line
contains specific words."
8.  In the dialogue box, type in I LOVE YOU in all caps
9.  Click "ADD"
10.  Click OK
11.  Click Apply now
12.  Click Apply
13.  Click CLOSE

You should now have a message rule that prohibits any messages from being
downloaded to your in-box that have the message "I LOVE YOU" in the subject
line.  That should minimize the risk of your machine being infected with the
virus.

REPEAT THE PROCEDURE USING "FW: JOKE" in step #8

MAKE SURE YOU EMPTY YOUR DELETED MESSAGES FREQUENTLY

Good luck,
Penny Ladnier