HNW - Colorfast Silk Thread

Noramunro@aol.com Noramunro at aol.com
Sun May 7 08:02:02 PDT 2000

In a message dated 5/7/100 7:34:28 AM GMT, Connie.Bunny at worldnet.att.net
writes:

> I bought several skeins of Madeira silk thread but have been very leery of
>  using it. I have heard that I need to wet - only cut in in 8 to 10" length,
>  etc.
>
>  Would someone who has worked with it please give me some guidelines as I
>  really want to try it.

Oh, gee, just plunge right in.  I never baby it.  Cut it in a comfortable
length (I usually use standard 18" cuts) and don't bother with wetting it.
It's remarkably fuss free, unlike rayon threads, which are more trouble than
they're worth, IM not-so HO.  Honestly, it's no harder to work with than
stranded cottons and considerably prettier.   I wash all my embroidery very
gently, so there's no difference in how I treat silk pieces as opposed to
cotton ones.

Stephanie/Alianora