HNW - Colorfast Silk Thread

Connie Carroll Connie.Bunny at worldnet.att.net
Sun May 7 11:36:39 PDT 2000

What about Ivory soap powder? I use that for washing my corsets.It's
supposed to be for washing lingerie and delicate items.

Bunny

-
As a former lingerie fitter I *always* discouraged my clients from using
Woolite on anything.  Not only can it make colors (not just red) bleed, but
several different fibers (admittedly, mostly modern - though linen and wool
occasionally have problems) can be damaged by it.  What I recommend instead
(for needlework *and* clothing) are three different products:
1.  "Magic Crystal" soap powder.  It's sold in the lingerie department of
various better department stores (Macy's and Nordstrom, for example).
2.  Johnson's Baby Shampoo.  It's exceptionally mild, and it rinses
completely clean.
3.  Ivory liquid dish soap for the same reasons as #2.

Hope this helps!