HNW - Colorfast Silk Thread

Noramunro@aol.com Noramunro at aol.com
Mon May 8 07:02:18 PDT 2000

In a message dated 5/8/100 12:51:06 PM GMT, tasha_medved at yahoo.com writes:

> So what's this about wetting silk...?

There's a school of thought out there that says tanglesome, flyaway fibres
are easier to handle when slightly damp -- the usual recommendation is to
dampen them with a sponge.  I can see where this would help with rayon
flosses (have I mentioned I *hate* rayon?), but personally, with Madeira
silks I've never seen the need.  They're very easy to work with.  I haven't
used Splendor (my LNS carries the Madeira) but if you don't have a problem
with them, I'd say don't worry about it.  If it ain't broke ....  ;-)

Stephanie/Alianora