HNW - Colorfast Silk Thread

Diane S. Sawyer tasha_medved at yahoo.com
Mon May 8 08:20:33 PDT 2000

--- Noramunro at aol.com wrote:
> In a message dated 5/8/100 12:51:06 PM GMT, tasha_medved at yahoo.com
> writes:
>
> > So what's this about wetting silk...?
>
> There's a school of thought out there that says tanglesome, flyaway
> fibres
> are easier to handle when slightly damp -- the usual recommendation
> is to
> dampen them with a sponge.  I can see where this would help with
> rayon
> flosses (have I mentioned I *hate* rayon?), {snip}
>
> Stephanie/Alianora

Y'know, I use rayon for one project, a little drawstring purse to go
with my first SCA court garb.  I cursed that floss up one side and
down the other.  I have never seen any fiber degrade in the needle
like that one.  I was SO disappointed!  It's so pretty, too... not to
mention three times the cost of cotton floss.  Never again.  Silk or
cotton for me!

Diane/Tasha