HNW - God's Embroidery

Penny Ladnier penny.creative.outlets at erols.com
Mon May 8 22:15:31 PDT 2000

This was passed to me via another list.  I thought you all would enjoy it.

God's Embroidery

When I was little, my mother used to sew a great
deal. I would sit at her knee and look up from the
floor and ask what she was doing.

She informed me that she was embroidering. As from
the underside, I watched her work within the boundaries
of the little round hoop that she held in her hand,
I complained to her that it sure looked messy from
where I sat.

She would smile at me, look down and gently say,
"Son, you go about your playing for a while, and when
I am finished with my embroidering, I will put you on
my knee and let you see it from my side,"

I would wonder why she was using some dark threads
along with the bright ones and why they seemed so
jumbled from my view.

A few minutes would pass and then I would hear
Mother's voice say, "Son, come and sit on my knee,"
This I did only to be surprised and thrilled to see a
beautiful flower, or a sunset. I could not believe
it, because from underneath it looked so messy.

Then Mother would say to me, "My son, from underneath
it did look messy and jumbled, but you did not realize
that there was a plan on the top. It was a design. I
was only following it. Now look at it from my side
and you will see what I was doing,"

Many times through the years I have looked up to
heaven and said "Father, what are You doing?"

He has answered, "I am embroidering your life,

I say, "but it looks like a mess to me. It seems so
jumbled. The threads seem so dark. Why can't they all
be bright?"
The Father seems to tell me, "'My child, you go
about your business of doing My business, and one day
I will bring you to Heaven and put you on My knee and
you will see the plan from My side."

Have a GREAT day,
Penny
http://www.costumegallery.com