HNW - Colorfast Silk Thread

Noramunro@aol.com Noramunro at aol.com
Mon May 8 23:59:00 PDT 2000

In a message dated 5/8/100 11:33:21 PM GMT, BIackwork at aol.com writes:

> What about waxing?  I had an instructor years ago who recommended it.

That's a new one on me.  I've heard of waxing threads when strength is
desired -- sewing buttons, for instance -- but not for embroidery.  I would
think that the beeswax would affect the sheen of the thread .  The whole
point of rayon and silk flosses is the way they catch the light.  Water would
evaporate and leave the thread pretty much as it was, but wax would be tough
to wash out.

Linn?  Ever heard of this one?  Is there a good reason to wax embroidery
threads?

Stephanie/Alianora