HNW - Colorfast Silk Thread

Linn Skinner skinner02 at sprynet.com
Tue May 9 09:30:02 PDT 2000

Okay - mounting "soapbox"<G>

Please do not wax threads except for strength.  We wax soft string to shape
it for padding up metallic embroidery.  We wax silk threads if they are to
be used in applying purls (metals cut thread).

Don't wet silks.  If you have trouble with rayons try warming them to get
some of the kinks out.  I sometimes pass them over a very low wattage light
bulb.

Don't use anything with a soap base to wash embroidery - it leaves a scum.
Use a detergent based product and rinse 4 times (once in tap water and a
further 3 times in distilled water)

Don't blot rinsed embroidery in a "clean" towel.  The towel is full of tap
water and laundry product junk.  Squeeze it gently and lay out on a piece of
clean glass (rinsed with distilled water) face up spreading gently to smooth
it.  It will often dry amost wrinkle free.

Linn
Stepping down from box<G>