HNW - Admin: posting to the list

Charlene Charette charlene at flash.net
Tue May 9 10:29:26 PDT 2000

When responding to a message, please quote only the relevant portions
rather then the entire message.  Many mailers are set up to quote the
entire message when responding.  The "delete" key is your friend.

Also, please send only plain text to the list.  Several posters are
posting in HTML (or worse, in both plain text *and* HMTL
simultaneously).

For those receiving the individual messages it isn't such a big deal,
but the digests are getting impossible to read (HTML comes out as
gobbley-gook) and too large (I've had bounces because of too-large file
sizes).

I can put filters in place to reject messages that contain HTML or too
much quoting, but I'd rather not do that as it makes more work for me (I
get all the bounces).

If you are posting in HTML and don't know how to configure your software
to do otherwise, let me know and we can try to figure it out (I use
Netscape and know Outlook gurus).

Thanks,
--Charlene

--
Those who can laugh without cause have either found the true meaning of
happiness or have gone stark raving mad.  -- Norm Papernick