HNW - Needlepoint Question

Carol Thomas scbooks at neca.com
Wed May 17 19:49:11 PDT 2000

>>As for stitches - I prefer to use tent/contintental stitch as I like
>>the fine effect it gives.
>
>Pardon my ignorance, is that the sort of "half cross stitch" that
>just goes diagonally in one direction over one intersection of the
>canvas and none of the stitches overlap on the front?

Yup.

Tent is usually done

\\\\\\\\\\\

Continental is done
\

then
 \
\

then
   \
 \
\

You are stitching along a diagonal line, rather than straight across a row.

Tent gives a strong diagonal pull to the fabric, which you see in 15th pieces.

If they aren't strongly pulled to the diagonal, they may actually be tiny
cross-stitches rather than continental.

Carllein

Small Churl Books catalog: http://www.neca.com/~scbooks/
Last updated: Nov. 21st