HNW - Re: Needlework Books

Chris mcelaine at uswest.net
Thu May 25 23:45:21 PDT 2000

I have "The Complete Encyclopedia of Needlework" by Th. de Dillmont.  I have
had it for years and boy does it have alot in it.  It goes into such precise
details! I just wished he got into a little more details about when the
different types of needlework was first started. He also has various ways of
cleaning the embroidery/lace pieces depending on what type of thread or
material stitched on.  Has anybody ever seen this book?  If so, how does it
compare to the others that are out there?
Christine (Kelley) Miller
www.KombuchaKitchen.homestead.com

**Into the fray with cloth dragons go I with my scissors

I'm a bit behind things, obviously, but I just picked up a paper back =
copy of the revised edition of Mary Thomas Dictionary of Embroidery =
Stitches (ISBN:1570761183, Trafalgar Square Pub, 1998.  $19.95 paper). =
All I can say is WOW!!!! It's Fabulous! Every stitch under the bloody =
sun and more! Inspriational and very visual.  Excellent diagrams and =

**