HNW - Re: Embroidery Books

Chris mcelaine at uswest.net
Tue May 30 18:25:18 PDT 2000

. I have "The Complete Encyclopedia of Needlework" by Th. de Dillmont.  I
have had it for years and boy does it have alot in it

> The most recent edition i've seen is relatively large format and has color
photos of stitches, which makes it easier to see and to use. >

Mine is the larger format but still has the black and white pictures that
are fairly easy to see but not as much as I would like. I think I got it
around 1972.

>I agree, it's got lots and lots of info, but for variety and
> ease of use, it pales in comparison to _Mary Thomas' Dictionary of
> Embroidery Stitches_.  Thomas' has much MUCH better diagrams.  After
> I bought it, I carried it around with me for weeks, just looking at
> the pretty pictures!

> Diane/Tasha

I guess I will just have to stop sewing for awhile and find Mary Thomas's
book!  THank you all for the info.

Christine (Kelley) Miller
www.KombuchaKitchen.homestead.com

**Into the fray with cloth dragons go I with my scissors**