HNW - facsimiles

jgugler@mindspring.com jgugler at mindspring.com
Fri Nov 10 15:52:07 PST 2000

Hm.  Since the only Dover facsimile books I'm aware of (Vinciolo and
Vecellio) are Embroidery AND Lace patterns, perhaps she would be interested
in Le Pompe, 1559, subtitled Patterns for Venetian bobbin lace.  by Santina
M Levey and Patricia C. Payne,  Carleton Bedford 1983..   (However I believe
it is still available, mine came from Robin & Russ Handweavers)

Now if there are other facsimile books in the Dover catalog, I'm all ears
since they tend to be less painful to my pocket book.

On the other hand, I'm still planning on adding Kathryn's Needlework
Patterns from Renaissance Germany to my library.  I've seen and drooled over
it from a friend's collection.  Just been too easily distracted to order it
yet.

Jeanette Gugler
SCA Theodora von Schmetterlingswald